Ingredients for Cooking Pepper Soup :
- 1kg Chicken. Cow Foot, Assorted Beef, Goat Meat or Fish
- Costack Pepper Soup Spice Seasoning
- Chilli Pepper/ Scotch bonnet (to taste as desired)
- 2 medium onions
- 3 stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon of Thyme (for Chicken pepper soup)
Before you cook the Nigerian Pepper Soup
If preparing Chicken pepper Soup, it is preferable to use whole chicken instead of drumsticks. The different parts of the chicken will bring variety to the pepper soup. So wash and cut up the whole chicken and set aside.
If you want to prepare Assorted Beef Pepper Soup then you should buy different parts of best cut, offal, Stripe(shaki), liver etc… Wash all beef parts thoroughly. Cut these into medium pieces, just big enough to be chewed in one go.
For Cow Foot Pepper Soup, Just wash and cut the cow foot into medium pieces. In this case also, make the pieces just big enough that it can be chewed in one go.
PREPARATIONS INSTRUCTIONS WITH COSTACK PEPPER SOUP SPICES SEASONING
This cooking description is for Chicken Pepper Soup. To prepare Goat Meat Pepper Soup, Cow Foot Pepper Soup, Assorted Beef Pepper Soup or Fish Pepper Soup just substitute chicken with Goat meat, cow foot, assorted meat or Fish Pepper soup respectively.
1) Place the pieces of chicken in a pot end pour enough water to cover the contents of the pot Add the stock cubes, thyme and onions and cook till done.
Note! When cooking Assorted Beef Pepper Soup, you should cook the stripe (shaki) for some time before adding the other beef parts, Stripe (shaki) is tough and will take longer to cook than the other beef parts.
Cow foot is a tough part of meal so when cooking Cow Foot Pepper Soup, you should use a pressure cooker if you have one. This will save you some gas or electricity. By now, you will notice that some of the water has dried. Add more water to bring it to the level of the contents of the pot.
2)Add the Costack Pepper Soup Seasoning, chilli pepper and salt to taste. Even though it is called pepper soup, you still want to be able to taste and enjoy the recipe itself. Too much chilli pepper will ruin it for you.
3) Cover the pot and leave to boil for 10 minutes and the pepper soup is ready. Pepper Soup should always be served hot. It can be eaten alone with a chilled drink by the side or with White Rice, Boiled Yam or “Corn Jellos” (Eko, Agidi)