Preparations Instructions with Costack Spices Jollof Rice Seasoning
1. Blend your tomatoes, red pepper, scotch bonnet peppers in a food processor or blender until well blended
2. In a medium sized pot, heat your oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated add the onions you set aside and fry just until they turn golden brown. Once the onions, have turned brown in colour add the tomato paste and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add the blended tomato mixture (reserve about 1/4 cup and set aside) and fry the mixture with the onions and tomato paste for about 30 minutes. Make sure you stir consistently so that the tomato mixture does not burn.
3. After 30 minutes, turn the heat down to medium, and add the chicken stock. Mix and add your seasonings (Costack Jollof Rice seasoning. salt, Costack spices curry powder, thyme, and the Maggi/Knorr stock cube). Continue to boil for 10 minutes,
4. Add the parboiled rice to the pot. Mix it very well with the tomato stew, At this point if you need to add water so that the rice is level with the tomato mixture/chicken stock go ahead and do so. Add the bay leaves, cover the pot, and cook on medium to low heat for 15-30 minutes.
5. When the liquid has almost dried up add the remaining tomato stew, cover, and let it cook for another 5-10 minutes heat until the liquid has completely dried up. Turn off the heat, mix thoroughly, and your jollof Rice is ready!